Balance Transfer Calculator
About Editor’s Picks: Our editor selects credit cards based on the features the credit card offers consumers, including introductory rates, fees, long term interest rates, and its relative value compared to competing offers. While this site receives remuneration from credit card companies, our rankings strive to objectively provide consumers with relevant, unique options.
Balance transfer credit cards can help you save hundreds of dollars on interest and reduce your credit card debt substantially. The balance transfer calculator at Smart Balance Transfers was designed to help you estimate how much you can save with a balance transfer. Simply input details about the credit card you intend to use for balance transfers along with your current credit card information to find out how a balance transfer can help you reduce your credit card debt and save money on interest.
Balance Transfer Credit Card Recommendations
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months—then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%.
- Over 7,000 cardmembers rated 4.8 out of 5 stars* and J.D. Power awarded Discover "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014."+
- 5% Cashback Bonus for gas and ground transportation on up to $1500 in purchases from Jan. through Mar. 2015 after you sign up for 5% Cashback Bonus. 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Free FICO® Credit Score on monthly statements, online and in our mobile app.*
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment, APR won't go up for paying late, no overlimit fee and no foreign transaction fee.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text-and never responsible for unauthorized Discover card purchases.
- *See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms, balance transfer terms and other info by clicking "Apply."
- Chase Slate® named 'Best Credit Card for Balance Transfers' two years in a row, MONEY® Magazine, October 2013, 2014.
- $0 introductory balance transfer fee for transfers made during the first 60 days. After that, the fee for future balance transfers is 3% of the amount transferred with a minimum of $5.
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the introductory period ends, a variable APR of 12.99%, 17.99%, or 22.99%.
- $0 Annual Fee
About the Balance Transfer Calculator: The balance transfer calculator was designed to help consumers get a general idea of just how much savings a 0% APR balance transfer credit card can provide. Our balance transfer calculator is based on a standard loan amortization formula. Because this formula calculates interest on a monthly, rather than a daily basis, there may be slight differences between the amount you save and the results provided by the calculator. Please consider the results an estimate. For additional information on balance transfers, please see our homepage where you will find articles and other helpful insights.
*Important Disclaimer: See credit card applications for complete terms and conditions. While Smart Balance Transfers makes reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information, all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click an “Apply” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuing company’s website.