Balance Transfer Calculator
About Editor’s Picks: Our editor selects credit cards based on the features the credit card offers consumers, including introductory rates, fees, long term interest rates, and its relative value compared to competing offers. While this site receives remuneration from credit card companies, our rankings strive to objectively provide consumers with relevant, unique options.
Balance transfer credit cards can help you save hundreds of dollars on interest and reduce your credit card debt substantially. The balance transfer calculator at Smart Balance Transfers was designed to help you estimate how much you can save with a balance transfer. Simply input details about the credit card you intend to use for balance transfers along with your current credit card information to find out how a balance transfer can help you reduce your credit card debt and save money on interest.
Balance Transfer Credit Card Recommendations
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months—then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%.
- Over 5,000 cardmembers rated 4.8 out of 5 stars* and now Discover 'Ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies in a Tie' by J.D. Power*.
- 5% cash back for online shopping and department store purchases on up to $1,500 - Oct. through Dec. 2014 when you sign up*. 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Free FICO® Credit Score online and on monthly statements*.
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment - APR won't go up for paying late, no overlimit fee and no foreign transaction fee*.
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text-and never responsible for unauthorized Discover card purchases.
- *+See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms and other info by clicking 'Apply.'
- Best 0% Offer in 'Crowning 2013's Best Credit Card Offers' (January 14, 2013) -Forbes Online
- Pay less interest. Save on balances and new purchases
- $0 introductory balance transfer fee for transfers made during the first 60 days. After that, the fee for future balance transfers is 3% of the amount transferred with a minimum of $5.
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the introductory period ends, a variable APR of 12.99%, 17.99%, or 22.99%.
- $0 Annual Fee
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi® Easy DealsSM Get what you want for less. Earn Citi Easy Deals Points for the purchases you make with your card.
- Redeem your points for great online deals on name-brand merchandise, gift cards and even local deals.
- Let our 24/7 concierge service help book your hotel rooms, flights and more.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- No annual fee*
About the Balance Transfer Calculator: The balance transfer calculator was designed to help consumers get a general idea of just how much savings a 0% APR balance transfer credit card can provide. Our balance transfer calculator is based on a standard loan amortization formula. Because this formula calculates interest on a monthly, rather than a daily basis, there may be slight differences between the amount you save and the results provided by the calculator. Please consider the results an estimate. For additional information on balance transfers, please see our homepage where you will find articles and other helpful insights.
*Important Disclaimer: See credit card applications for complete terms and conditions. While Smart Balance Transfers makes reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information, all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click an “Apply” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuing company’s website.