0% APR Credit Card Offers
About Editor’s Picks: Our editor selects credit cards based on the features the credit card offers consumers, including introductory rates, fees, long term interest rates, and its relative value compared to competing offers. While this site receives remuneration from credit card companies, our rankings strive to objectively provide consumers with relevant, unique options.
For most consumers, especially those intending to use their new credit card for purchases, a 0% APR credit card for balance transfers and purchases can provide the best value. Unfortunately, the number of credit cards offering a 0% APR on both purchases and balance transfers has become somewhat limited in recent years. However, a few credit cards still offer these deals.
Recently, companies that offer 0% APR credit cards have been increasing the length of introductory rates for both purchases and balance transfers. At the start of 2011, the longest 0% APR credit card deals on purchases only lasted 1 year. In 2012, a number of cards are offering 0% rates for purchases and balance transfers that last 12 months while a few companies are offering 0% interest rates lasting 15 and even 18 months.
Below you can compare 0% APR credit cards and apply online once you’ve found the right card.
0% APR Credit Card Offers
Additional 0% APR Credit Card Offers
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi® Easy DealsSM Get what you want for less. Earn Citi Easy Deals Points for the purchases you make with your card.
- Redeem your points for great online deals on name-brand merchandise, gift cards and even local deals.
- Let our 24/7 concierge service help book your hotel rooms, flights and more.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- No annual fee*
- 0% intro APR on purchases & balance transfers for 14 months—then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- Over 6,000 cardmembers rated 4.8 out of 5 stars* and J.D. Power awarded Discover "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014."+
- 5% Cashback Bonus for gas and ground transportation on up to $1500 in purchases from Jan. through Mar. 2015 after you sign up for 5% Cashback Bonus. 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Free FICO® Credit Score on monthly statements, online and in our mobile app.*
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment, APR won't go up for paying late, no overlimit fee and no foreign transaction fee.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text-and never responsible for unauthorized Discover card purchases.
- 100% U.S.- based customer service— day or night.
- *See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms and other info by clicking "Apply."
- Online-exclusive $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined grocery store and gas purchases each quarter
- No annual fee
- No changing categories and your rewards do not expire
- Bank of America customers: Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 12.99% - 22.99% variable APR
- Earn a $100 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99-22.99%
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases between 1/1/15—3/31/15 at grocery stores (not including Walmart® and Target® purchases), movie theaters, and Starbucks® stores
- You'll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like restaurants, gas stations, and Amazon.com. It's free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- No annual fee and rewards never expire as long as your account is open
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% - 22.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- No late fees - Ever
- No penalty rate - Ever
- No annual fee - Ever
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day.
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after $500 in purchases in the first 90 days, enough to redeem for a $100 cash back statement credit
- 0% promotional APR for 6 months on ALL ticket purchases from a team ticket office. After that, a variable APR currently 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, based on your credit worthiness
- Earn 2 points per $1 on NFL or team purchases - game tickets, in-stadium and at team Pro Shops - and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- 20% off every purchase at NFLShop.com - that's $20 off every $100 you spend
- Redeem points for VIP NFL experiences, game tickets or 1% cash back statement credits beginning at 2,500 points for a $25 statement credit
- All 32 team cards are available, customized with your favorite team's colors and logo
- 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR, currently 14.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness
About 0% APR Credit Cards
Before the credit crunch, the standard 0% APR credit card offered a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months. Some credit cards offered a 0% APR on purchases for 15 months; others offered 0% APR balance transfers for 15 months. But in general, a 0% APR for 12 months was the standard deal.
When the CARD Act was passed in 2009, credit card companies began slashing the length of all 0% APR credit card offers, often to as little as 6 months. However, in late 2010, credit card companies began increasing the length of 0% APR offers, with some companies increasing the length of balance transfer credit card offers to as much as 24 months. Throughout most of 2011 and into 2012, 0% interest lengths have held steady. Average lengths continue to hoover around 12 months, but outliers like the Citi Simplicity card offer industry leading 18 month 0% APR promotions.
Because of the difference in the length of rates offered, the key thing to consider when you choose a 0% APR credit card is whether you will be spending a lot on the new card or primarily using it for zero percent balance transfers. If you will make occasional purchases, then seek out the card with the longest balance transfer. However, if you will be doing a small balance transfer but making many purchases, select a card with a longer 0% rate on purchases.
More Info On 0% APR Credit Cards
The Benefits of 0% APR Balance Transfer Credit Cards: Do you know how much money you waste on interest every year? For the average consumer, this figure is somewhere around $140 for every $1000 of credit card debt. This means that someone with $3,000 in debt spends over $400 a year on interest.
The Best 0% Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers: The past year has been a good one for consumers seeking low rates. Presently, the best 0% APR credit cards offer 0% interest rates ranging from 12 to 18 months on purchases and balance transfers. While only a few companies offer these generous deals, consumers who can benefit from them stand to save a substantial amount of money on interest.
Balance Transfers 101: This article for balance transfer newbies covers the basics of balance transfers and includes tips to help you find the best available deals.
*Important Disclaimer: See credit card applications for complete terms and conditions. While Smart Balance Transfers makes reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information, all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click an “Apply” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuing company’s web site.