0% APR Balance Transfer Credit Cards
In this section, you will find 0% APR balance transfer credit card offers. Despite the middling economy, a number of credit card companies continue to offer generous 0% APR balance transfer deals. Some companies have straightforward offers that last a full 18 months. Others advertise 0% APR balance transfers that can last up to a certain number of months, but only grant the longest advertised rates to consumers with 800+ credit scores. Be sure to read the fine print so you can avoid these less than ideal balance transfer offers.
Transferring balances to a credit card that offers a 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months or more can provide substantial savings. If you have $5,000 in credit card debt and an interest rate of 15%, an 18 month balance transfer could save you as much as $700 in interest. Using the money you save, it is possible to reduce credit card debt by close to 50% during the course of your 0% APR balance transfer.
Below you can compare the details of leading 0% APR balance transfer credit cards. Once you’ve found the right card, click apply to access the online application and start saving money on interest.
Top 0% APR Balance Transfer Offers
Choosing a Balance Transfer Credit Card
From the Editor: Credit card companies that advertise 0% APR balance transfers for “up to” a certain number of months may actually approve your application, but only grant you a 0% APR for as little as 6 months. The length of the 0% APR period with these offers is determined when your application is reviewed. In order to avoid rate shock, I recommend choosing cards from Citibank, Chase and Discover, all of whom advertise and deliver on the longest 0% APR balance transfer periods presently available to approved applicants.
- The new Discover it card is out to change the way people think about credit cards.
- Fair...No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee & no pay-by-phone fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And we won't increase your APR for paying late.*
- Generous…5% Cashback Bonus on up to $1,500 in purchases at Home Improvement Stores now through June with free and easy sign-up. And 1% cash back on all other purchases.*
- Plus a Cashback ConciergeSM who guides a free, personalized online tour to help you get the most rewards for how you use your card.
- Flexible…Choose your own due date and pay up to midnight ET online or by phone.
- Human…talk to a real person any time with 100% U.S.-based service.
- Safe…Because you’ll never pay for unauthorized purchases with our $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee.
- 0% Intro APR* on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. *Click apply for Terms & Conditions.
- Get $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- 1% cash back on purchases everywhere, every time
- 2% on groceries and 3% on gas for the first $1500 in combined gas and grocery purchases each quarter
- Get a 10% customer bonus when you redeem cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- 0% introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, the regular APR
- No Annual fee
- No rotating categories and your rewards do not expire
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi® Price Rewind searches for a lower price. Learn how you can get lower price after you purchase an item.
- Let our 24/7 concierge service help book your hotel rooms, flights and more.
- Enjoy special access to presale tickets, preferred seating, VIP packages, and unique entertainment experiences through Citi Private Pass®.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- No annual fee*
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 10.99% - 20.99% variable APR
- No annual fee
- Enjoy Purchase Replacement coverage on lost, damaged or stolen purchases
- Earn 15,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $1000 in card purchases within 3 months of account opening – enough for $150 in gift cards or other great rewards!
- 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 12 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99%-22.99% based upon your creditworthiness*
- Earn 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 you spend on all purchases
- No expiration and no limit on the points you can earn
- Redeem ThankYou Points for merchandise, travel rewards, gift cards, cash and more
- Earn extra points when you shop through the ThankYou® Bonus Center, a network of 600+ retailers you know and love
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with Chip Technology
- No annual fee*
- No annual fee
- Earn $25 per quarter when you pay more than the monthly minimum and on time each month in the calendar quarter. Thats up to $100 in cash rewards per year with the card
- Rewards are automatically credited to your card balance or you can choose to deposit them into your savings or checking account
- Low Introductory APR offer
- $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- Earn 5% cash back from Citi at Home Depot, Home furnishing stores and home and garden stores between 4/1/13 and 6/30/13, with enrollment
- Enroll at no additional cost each quarter for new categories that earn additional cash back
- Full 1% cash back on all other purchases and eligible cash advances.
- No Annual Fee*
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% - 21.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- No late fees - EVER
- No penalty rate - EVER
- No annual fee - EVER
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day.
0% APR Balance Transfer Tips
Balance Transfer Tip 1: When you apply for a 0% APR balance transfer online, some companies will give you the option of transferring balances with your application. Don’t do it. Apply online, then wait for your credit card to arrive in the mail.
The key reason to wait until your card arrives before doing balance transfers is that some companies advertise a 0% APR on balance transfers for up to 12 months, but may only grant you a 0% rate for as little as 6 months. By waiting until your card arrives, you can make sure you get the deal you wanted.
Balance Transfer Tip 2: If you know you’ll be able to pay off your credit card before the 0% APR balance transfer period ends, the company you choose doesn’t really matter. However, if you think you’ll need a little extra time, it may be better to choose a good company instead of the one that offers the most tantalizing deal.
I’ve recommended Discover since I first started Smart Balance Transfers in 2007. In 2008 and 2009, when most credit card companies were generating hundreds of complaints on our blog, nobody had issues with Discover. Because of this, I have a strong bias towards Discover. They respect their customers and I respect them for doing so.
Balance Transfer Tip 3: If you have large balances, you might need more than one balance transfer credit card. Credit card companies aren’t as generous with credit limits as they used to be, so getting an initial credit limit of more than $5,000 may prove difficult.
If you need two cards, you might want to consider applying simultaneously. This can give you the opportunity to evaluate the long term interest rates and terms of two cards and choose the best one to use for your balance transfer. Most credit card companies offer a range of long term interest rates that apply after the 0% APR balance transfer period ends; most also do not reveal your long term APR until after your application has been processed. So even if you don’t need two cards to get enough credit, it may be worthwhile to apply for two cards and choose the best long term deal.
*Important Disclaimer: See credit card applications for complete terms and conditions. While Smart Balance Transfers makes reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information, all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click an “Apply” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuing company’s web site.