0% APR Balance Transfer Credit Cards
In this section, you will find 0% APR balance transfer credit card offers. Despite the middling economy, a number of credit card companies continue to offer generous 0% APR balance transfer deals. Some companies have straightforward offers that last a full 18 months. Others advertise 0% APR balance transfers that can last up to a certain number of months, but only grant the longest advertised rates to consumers with 800+ credit scores. Be sure to read the fine print so you can avoid these less than ideal balance transfer offers.
Transferring balances to a credit card that offers a 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months or more can provide substantial savings. If you have $5,000 in credit card debt and an interest rate of 15%, an 18 month balance transfer could save you as much as $700 in interest. Using the money you save, it is possible to reduce credit card debt by close to 50% during the course of your 0% APR balance transfer.
Below you can compare the details of leading 0% APR balance transfer credit cards. Once you’ve found the right card, click apply to access the online application and start saving money on interest.
Top 0% APR Balance Transfer Offers
Choosing a Balance Transfer Credit Card
From the Editor: Credit card companies that advertise 0% APR balance transfers for “up to” a certain number of months may actually approve your application, but only grant you a 0% APR for as little as 6 months. The length of the 0% APR period with these offers is determined when your application is reviewed. In order to avoid rate shock, I recommend choosing cards from Citibank, Chase and Discover, all of whom advertise and deliver on the longest 0% APR balance transfer periods presently available to approved applicants.
- Online-exclusive $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- 1% cash back on purchases everywhere, every time
- 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined grocery store and gas purchases each quarter.
- Bank of America customers: Get an ongoing 10% customer bonus every time you redeem cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 12.99% - 22.99% variable APR
- No annual fee
- No changing categories and your rewards do not expire
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 10.99% - 20.99% variable APR
- No annual fee
- The perfect card for those seeking a simple yet convenient-to-use credit card
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi® Easy DealsSM Get what you want for less. Earn Citi Easy Deals Points for the purchases you make with your card.
- Redeem your points for great online deals on name-brand merchandise, gift cards and even local deals.
- Let our 24/7 concierge service help book your hotel rooms, flights and more.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
- No annual fee*
- Fair. No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. Pay up to midnight ET online or by phone on your due date without a fee. Plus, paying late won't raise your APR.*
- Generous. 5% cash back at Home Improvement Stores, Furniture Stores and Bed Bath & Beyond® on up to $1,500 in purchases from April through June 2014.*
- Human. 100% U.S.-based customer service available any time.
- Safe. Because you're never responsible for unauthorized charges with our $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee.
- Plus, free FICO® Credit Score on your monthly statement to help you stay on top of your credit.*
- 0% Intro APR* on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A fee of 3% applies for each balance transferred.
- *Click 'Apply' to see rates, rewards, and free FICO® Credit Score terms and other information.
- Earn $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 5% cash back every quarter in must-have categories. Right now, on purchases at The Home Depot®, home furnishing and home and garden stores from 4/1/14 through 6/30/14.
- Enrollment each quarter is quick and easy
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- The total cash back earned with the card is $300 per calendar year, excluding the $100 cash back with this offer. See Citi Dividend Card Reward Program Information.
- 0% Intro APR on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- No Annual Fee*
- Click Apply Now to see pricing details
- No Balance Transfer Fees - start saving immediately!
- A low 8% variable APR on balance transfers and purchases
- No Annual Fees
- Choose your card benefits and features
- Get rewarded through the new Giveback™ program, where Barclaycard Ring members get money back for good performance
- Get exclusive access to our online community and vote on the card features you like and view the financials of the Barclaycard Ring MasterCard online
- Learn more about personal finance from Barclaycard and other members
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
- No annual fee
- Save on interest with a 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 11.99% - 21.99% variable APR
- Earn $25 per quarter towards your balance when you pay more than the monthly minimum and on time each month
- Get an additional $5 bonus per quarter if you have a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- Cash back is automatically credited to your card balance
- Earn a $100 Bonus after you make $500 in purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99%-22.99%.
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases between April 1 and June 30, 2014 at restaurants and Lowe's® home improvement stores
- You'll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants and Amazon.com. It's free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- No annual fee and rewards never expire
0% APR Balance Transfer Tips
Balance Transfer Tip 1: When you apply for a 0% APR balance transfer online, some companies will give you the option of transferring balances with your application. Don’t do it. Apply online, then wait for your credit card to arrive in the mail.
The key reason to wait until your card arrives before doing balance transfers is that some companies advertise a 0% APR on balance transfers for up to 12 months, but may only grant you a 0% rate for as little as 6 months. By waiting until your card arrives, you can make sure you get the deal you wanted.
Balance Transfer Tip 2: If you know you’ll be able to pay off your credit card before the 0% APR balance transfer period ends, the company you choose doesn’t really matter. However, if you think you’ll need a little extra time, it may be better to choose a good company instead of the one that offers the most tantalizing deal.
I’ve recommended Discover since I first started Smart Balance Transfers in 2007. In 2008 and 2009, when most credit card companies were generating hundreds of complaints on our blog, nobody had issues with Discover. Because of this, I have a strong bias towards Discover. They respect their customers and I respect them for doing so.
Balance Transfer Tip 3: If you have large balances, you might need more than one balance transfer credit card. Credit card companies aren’t as generous with credit limits as they used to be, so getting an initial credit limit of more than $5,000 may prove difficult.
If you need two cards, you might want to consider applying simultaneously. This can give you the opportunity to evaluate the long term interest rates and terms of two cards and choose the best one to use for your balance transfer. Most credit card companies offer a range of long term interest rates that apply after the 0% APR balance transfer period ends; most also do not reveal your long term APR until after your application has been processed. So even if you don’t need two cards to get enough credit, it may be worthwhile to apply for two cards and choose the best long term deal.
*Important Disclaimer: See credit card applications for complete terms and conditions. While Smart Balance Transfers makes reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information, all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click an “Apply” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuing company’s web site.