The Discover it® cards is one of the leading reward cards on the market. Cardholders receive 1% cash back on their purchases, or 5% bonus cash back from up to $1,500 each quarter from select categories of merchants.
Another great thing about this card is how many ways that cardholders can use their cash back bonus.
Redeem for cash
Cardholders can have their bonus deposited directly in their bank account where they can use it to withdraw cash, write checks, or pay bills. In addition, cardholders can receive their cash back bonus as a statement credit.
Pay with cash back bonus
Another option is using their cash back bonus to pay for an online purchase through sites such as Amazon.com, Disney Club Penguin, Facebook, iTunes, and others. This can be a convenient way for cardholders to use their cash back to reward themselves. There is no minimum purchase amount.
Partner gift cards
Cardholders can also redeem their cash back in the form of gift cards for major retailers such as Outback steakhouse, Lowe’s home improvement stores, or Shell gasoline stations. These rewards can be requested as a physical gift card received in the mail, or an eCertificate sent via email. These cards are available starting at $20.
Discover Gift Cards
Yet another option is redeeming cash back bonus in the form of a Discover gift card. These gift cards are debit cards that can be used anywhere Discover cards are accepted, and they make for great holiday gifts. These cards are also available starting at $20, however they are not available to residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and Vermont.
Finally, cash back bonuses can be offered as a charitable donation to several major organizations such as the American Red Cross, Junior Achievement, and Operation Homefront.
How to pick
Cardholders can chooses the way they want to receive their bonus by logging on to Discover’s online account center. Otherwise, they can call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) to redeem their cash back bonus.
With all of these options available, Discover it cardholders can choose the one that makes the most sense for their family’s needs.
- Double all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year automatically—only for new cardmembers*
- 5% cash back in categories that change each quarter like gas, restaurants, Amazon.com and more—up to the quarterly maximum when you sign up.* 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months—then a variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A 3% fee applies to each transferred balance.
- New Freeze It℠ on/off switch lets you prevent new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers on misplaced cards in seconds by mobile app & online.*
- Free FICO® Credit Score on statements, online & by mobile app.* And 100% U.S.-based service any time.
- No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. No late fee on first late payment & paying late won't raise your APR.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text and never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card.
- *See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms & other info by clicking "Apply."
0% for 6 months*
0% for 18 months*
10.99% - 22.99% Variable*