Everyone wants to receive the best credit cards, yet the reality is that the top offers are only available to those with excellent credit. And after the last five years of economic crisis and recession, it is understandable that many Americans no longer have perfect credit.
Nevertheless, those with an imperfect credit history can still qualify for a limited number of offers. The key to finding the best offers available is to avoid those banks that specialize in offering cards to the sub-prime market. These cards feature extremely high annual fees, which are often broken down into monthly fees to look smaller.
Other problems that applicants need to be aware of are cards that do not have a grace period. This means that interest is being accrued on all purchases, from the day of the transaction, even when cardholder pay their entire statement balance in full.
A good option: Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard®
Barclaycard is a major issuer of credit cards that offers its Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® – Average Credit to those with average or better credit. This card features no annual fee, and a standard grace period of at least 23 days after the closing of each billing cycle. That means that the bank will not charge cardholders interest on their purchases when they pay their entire statement balance in full and on time.
- Earn 2 points per $1 on gas, grocery, and utility purchases
- Earn 1 points per $1 everywhere else
- No annual fee
- Use the points you earn like cash to pay for almost any purchases you've made.
- No blackout date, no redemption fees, no limit on the points you can earn and no complicated set up.
- Reports to all 3 major credit bureaus monthly providing you the opportunity to rebuild your credit score
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
In addition, this card also offers rewards. Cardholders earn double points per dollar spent on gas, groceries, and utilities, and one point per dollar on all other purchases. Points can be redeemed for travel, shopping, dining and other rewards. There is no limit to the rewards that can be earned, and reward flights can be booked with no blackout dates.
The standard APR for this card is 24.99%, and there is a 3% foreign transaction fee added to all purchases processed outside of the United States.
Credit card users with average credit should not fall victim to fee laden cards targeted at those with poor credit. By considering some of the excellent cards offered by major banks, applicants can choose the right product for their needs.