Promotional financing offers that feature 0% APR on balance transfer offers are incredible financial tools. These credit cards allow customers to transfer their balance from another card, and avoid interest payments for up to 18 months.
Nevertheless, these offers are not foolproof. Here are some of the things that can prevent cardholders from utilizing these offers:
- Fair. No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. Pay up to midnight ET online or by phone on your due date without a fee. Plus, paying late won't raise your APR.*
- Generous. 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases for Online Shopping through December 2013 with free and easy sign-up. And 1% cash back on all other purchases.*
- Human. 100% U.S.-based customer service available any time.
- Safe. Because you're never responsible for unauthorized charges with our $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee.
- Plus, free FICO® Credit Score on your monthly statement to help you stay on top of your credit.*
- 0% Intro APR* on balance transfers for 18 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%. A fee of 3% applies for each balance transferred.
- 0% Intro APR* on purchases for 6 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% - 22.99%.
- * Click 'Apply' to see rates, rewards, and free FICO® Credit Score terms and other information.
0% for 6 months*
0% for 18 months*
10.99% - 22.99% Variable*
1. Applicant is not approved. Credit cards with 0% APR promotional financing are only offered to those with the best credit scores. Those who have a limited credit history, a large amount of debt, or a record of missing payments are unlikely to qualify.
2. Low credit limit granted. Even when approved, credit cards with promotional financing may not offer recipients as high of a credit limit as they might have liked. As a result, it may not be possible for cardholders to transfer their entire balance to the new card, and they will still have to pay some interest.
3. The balance transfer is not performed correctly. Sometimes, balance transfers are requested, but they are not completed in a timely fashion. Therefore, cardholders should always continue to make payments on their balance until the balance transfer is confirmed by the issuer of the card that the balance is being transferred from.
4. The balance transfer is used to enable procrastination. The purpose of a promotional balance transfer is to pay off debt more quickly by saving money on interest payments. Yet too many cardholders see these offers as a way to avoid paying debt indefinitely. This is a mistake.
- No Balance Transfer Fee - introductory offer!
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers
- Zero liability and Fraud Protection on unauthorized purchases
- Add an additional card user to your Slate account at no extra cost
- No Annual Fee
0% for 15 months*
0% for 15 months*
12.99% - 22.99% (Variable)*
Cardholders should always try to pay off their entire balance before the promotional financing expires. Those who want to count on continuing to receive more balance transfer offers in the future are setting themselves up for problems. Balance transfers offers come and go, and credit card holder’s credit scores can rise and fall. At some point, the music can stop, and those who rely on the balance transfers may not have a chair.
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% - 21.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- No late fees - EVER
- No penalty rate - EVER
- No annual fee - EVER
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day.
0%* for 18 months*
0%* for 18 months*
12.99% - 21.99% (Variable)*
When credit card users understand some of the ways that 0% APR promotional balance transfers can fail to produce the desired results, then they can take steps to ensure that it does not happen to themselves.