Most credit cards offer a 0% APR promotional financing offer or a rewards program. Nevertheless, a few cards offer both. In general, those who have credit card debt should focus on paying it off rather than earning more rewards.
But there are still some people who want to transfer a large balance while continuing to earn rewards. And in the case of the NFL Extra Points Rewards card, customers have the opportunity to earn tickets to games that can be very hard to get.
How the promotional financing works
New cardholders receive one year of interest free financing on both new purchases and balance transfers, but there is a 3% balance transfer fee. 12 months is less than several other competing cards that offer 15 or 18 months of similar terms, but this length of time can work for many people.
How the rewards work
For each dollar spent on all purchases, cardholders receive one point, and double points for spending on NFL or team purchases. In addition, new applicants receive 10,000 bonus points after their first use of the card, which is enough for $100 worth of statement credits.
But the best part about this card is the reward opportunities. Cardholders can redeem 25,000 points for two tickets to any NFL game. So if a cardholder is looking for seats to a major match-up that has been sold out for some time, this award can be worth hundreds of dollars.
Points can also be used for NFL merchandise, experiences, or statement credits. Cardholders also receive 20% off their purchases at NFL shops.
Who this card makes sense for
Obviously, this is a great card for fans of the NFL who hope to score tickets to sold out events. But in addition, this card can make sense for those with enough credit card debt that they could pay it all off within a year. These cardholders can enjoy an adequate promotional financing offer while still earning rewards.
By combining the best features of promotional financing and reward credit cards, the NFL Extra Points card can be an attractive option for football fans.
You can learn more about this offer and apply online below.
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after $500 in purchases in the first 90 days, redeemable for $100 cash back statement credit
- No annual fee
- All 32 teams or the NFL Shield card plastic are available
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on NFL or team purchases in-stadium and at the Pro Shop and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
- No limit to the points you can earn
- Redeem points for VIP NFL experiences, game tickets or cash back statement credits on travel or any other purchase of $25 or more
- 20% off every purchase at NFLShop.com - that's $20 off every $100 you spend
14.99% or 22.99% Variable*
Good to Excellent