As spring stretches into summer, many credit card users have not been able to recover from their holiday spending. And the most powerful tool for avoiding interest charges while paying down existing debt remains credit cards with 0% APR promotional balance transfer offers.
This May, credit card applicants can chose from these five top credit cards:
Citi Simplicity® Card
Simplicity continues to offer 18 months of interest free financing on both new purchases and balance transfers, with a 3% balance transfer fee. In addition, Simplicity boasts no late fees and no penalty interest rates, and there is no annual fee for this card.
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Also from Citi, the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card features the same 18 months of interest free financing that is offered with Simplicity. But instead of no late fees and no penalty interest rates, the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card features several travel insurance and purchase protection policies that are usually found reward cards with annual fees. But unlike those products, there is no annual fee for this card.
Discover’s new offering for 2013 continues to win over fans with two different promotional financing offers. The first, is for 14 months of 0% APR financing on both new purchases and balance transfers, with a 3% balance transfer fee. The other is for 18 months of 0% APR financing on balance transfers, but only 6 months for new purchases. Yet both cards feature 1% cash back on all purchases, and 5% back on purchases from categories of merchants that change every quarter. In addition, there is no annual fee or foreign transaction fees for this card, and the late late fee is automatically waived for card holder’s first late payment.
- 5% cash back in categories that change each quarter. Now - June 30 earn 5% at Restaurants & Movies on up to $1,500 in purchases after you sign up.* 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Redeem your cashback for any amount, any time*. Your cash back never expires.
- J.D. Power awarded Discover "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Credit Card Companies. Tied in 2014."+
- Free FICO® Credit Score on monthly statements, online and in our mobile app.*
- No annual fee, no late fee for your first late payment, APR won't go up for paying late, no overlimit fee and no foreign transaction fee.*
- Each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text-and never responsible for unauthorized purchases on your Discover card.
- 100% U.S.- based customer service— day or night.
- *See rates, rewards, free FICO® Credit Score terms and other info by clicking "Apply."
0% for 14 months*
0% for 14 months*
10.99% - 22.99% Variable*
Citi ThankYou® Preferred Rewards Card
Citi offers its ThankYou® Preferred Rewards Card with both rewards and a promotional financing offer. New applicants receive 12 months of 0% APR financing on new purchases and balance transfers, with a 3% balance transfer fee. In addition, cardholders receive 15,000 ThankYou points after making $1,000 in purchases within 90 days of opening a new account. This is worth $150 in gift cards, loan repayments, or travel booked through Citi. Cardholders also receive one ThankYou point per dollar spent on all purchases, and there is no annual fee.
Slate® from Chase
Slate remains in a class of its own as it is the only credit card with a 0% APR promotional balance transfer offer and no balance transfer fee. New applicants receive 15 months of interest free financing on both new purchases and balance transfers. There is no annual fee for this card.
- Chase Slate named "Best Credit Card for Balance Transfers" two years in a row by Money Magazine
- $0 Introductory balance transfer fee for transfers made during the first 60 days.
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- $0 Annual Fee
- New Free Monthly FICO® Score and Credit Dashboard
0% for 15 months*
0% for 15 months*
12.99%, 17.99%, 22.99% Variable*