As Americans begin to thaw out of our long winter, some are still carrying the credit card debt that they accumulated over the holidays. But thankfully, there is no reason that those with good credit must continue to pay the high interest rates that these credit cards demand.
Opening an account with one of these top balance transfer credit cards will give cardholders the chance to take a much needed break from paying credit card interest.
1. Citi Simplicity This card offers 18 months of interest free financing on both new purchases and balance transfers. In addition, it features no late fees and no penalty interest rates. Benefits also include extended warranty coverage, retail purchase protection, and Citi’s Price Rewind service. There is no annual fee for this card.
2. Citi Diamond Preferred Like the Simplicity card, the Citi Diamond Preferred also offers 18 months of 0% APR financing on both new purchases and balance transfers. Additionally, it features class leading travel perks such as lost luggage coverage, automatic travel accident insurance, and trip cancelation/trip interruption insurance. There is no annual fee for this card. Below you can compare both 18 month 0% balance transfer offers from Citi.
3. Discover it with 18 months of 0% APR financing on balance transfers. The new Discover it card is currently being offered with two different promotional financing deals. This offer is for 18 months of interest free financing on balance transfers, and six months of 0% APR on new purchases. This offer also features 5% cash back for purchases from rotating categories of merchants, and 1% cash back on all other transactions. There is no annual fee for this card.
4. Chase Slate. The Slate card from Chase offers 15 months of interest free financing on both new purchases and balance transfers. Although the duration of this promotional financing offer is shorter than other competing cards, this offer is popular because it has no balance transfer fee and no annual fee.
5. Discover it with 14 months of 0% APR financing on balance transfers. This version of the Discover it card only offer 14 months of interest free financing on balance transfers and features 14 months of promotional financing on new purchases as well. Like the other This card also doubles as a rewards credit card. There is no annual fee for this card.
By considering all five of these top balance transfer credit cards, applicants can choose the best product for their needs.