Citibank Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Citibank balance transfer offers are among the most generous available. Some Citibank credit cards offer a 0% APR for 18 months on balance transfers as well as 0% interest rates for 18 months on purchases. Additionally, despite the fact that Citibank balance transfer offers are the longest 0% offers available, these cards come with low 3% balance transfer fees.
Once the 0% APR period expires on a Citi balance transfer card, they offer some of the lowest long term variable interest rates of all the major credit card companies. However, in order to get the longest 0% balance transfer deals and lowest interest rates with a Citi card, it helps to have good credit.
Below you can compare Citibank balance transfer offers and apply online for approval.
Current Citi Balance Transfer Offers
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the APR will be 11.99%-21.99% based upon your creditworthiness.*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Citi® Price Rewind searches for a lower price. Learn how you can get lower price after you purchase an item.
- Let our 24/7 concierge service help book your hotel rooms, flights and more.
- Enjoy special access to presale tickets, preferred seating, VIP packages, and unique entertainment experiences through Citi Private Pass®.
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions
- No annual fee*
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% - 21.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- No late fees - EVER
- No penalty rate - EVER
- No annual fee - EVER
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day.
- $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- Earn 5% cash back from Citi at Home Depot, Home furnishing stores and home and garden stores between 4/1/13 and 6/30/13, with enrollment
- Enroll at no additional cost each quarter for new categories that earn additional cash back
- Full 1% cash back on all other purchases and eligible cash advances.
- No Annual Fee*
- Enjoy 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% - 22.99% based upon your creditworthiness*
- Earn 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 you spend on purchases.
- Enjoy no limit on the number of points you can earn
- Redeem ThankYou Points for merchandise, travel rewards, gift cards, cash and more
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with Chip Technology
- No annual fee*
About Citibank 0% Balance Transfers
For the past two years, Citibank has been offering the longest 0% balance transfer deals. At first, Citi balance transfer offers lasted 15 months. They were then increased to 24 months. In 2012, the length of the longest 0% APR balance transfer offers on some Citi Cards has dropped to 18 months. While these are not the longest Citibank balance transfer offers in recent history, they are among the longest currently available.
Apart from Citibank balance transfer offers, Citi’s 0% APR deals on purchases are also on the generous side as most cards come with 0% rates that last 12 months. Unlike some credit card companies that offer multiple 0% periods that can be much shorter than the advertised rate, approved applicants get 0% interest rates for the fully advertised term from Citibank.
Once the 0% rate expires on a Citi balance transfer, the long term interest rate will vary based on a number of factors analyzed when you apply. Applicants with the best credit will get the lowest advertised interest rates. However, long term interest rates are not revealed until after you apply. This is pretty common in the credit card world, as most credit card companies do this, but you should carefully examine the terms and conditions of your Citi credit card when it arrives in the mail to make sure the long term rate you get from Citibank is acceptable.
Lastly, when comparing Citibank credit cards it is important to consider what card benefits will save you the most money. If you think you could benefit from a 0% balance transfer that last 18 months, don’t even bother thinking about rewards-head straight to the Citi Diamond Preferred Card. This card is no frills, but offers the best rates of all Citi cards. If you are positive you can repay your balances in less time, then a Citi rewards card may offer greater benefits. However, if you tend to carry balances from month to month, it is best to stick to a card with a lower interest rate as opposed to one with richer rewards.
Citi Simplicity Review: The Citi Simplicity Card, along with the Citi Diamond Preferred Card, are the best Citibank balance transfer credit cards. The cards offer the longest 0% APR balance transfer offers currently available as well as the longest 0% rates on purchases as well.
*Important Disclaimer: See credit card applications for complete terms and conditions. While Smart Balance Transfers makes reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information, all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click an “Apply” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuing company’s website.